Parade Route & Instructions for Drivers
INSTRUCTIONS TO FLOAT AND VEHICLE DRIVERS
Instructions for vehicles and floats in the Detroit Greek Independence Day Parade:
1. You must inform us about your vehicle or float before the parade or it will not be allowed in the parade. All float themes must be approved in advance.
2. No advertising permitted, except for official sponsors, without the parade committee’s advance approval.
3. No cars will be permitted in the parade unless decorated or pulling a float.
4. Have your vehicle/float at the marshaling area at 1:30 p.m. sharp. (The marshaling area is on Monroe Street in front of the Compuware Building.) We need you to arrive before the marchers because it is too difficult to position the vehicles/floats when people are walking around.
5. Please bring your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance to the parade. We will check this information before you are allowed to drive.
6. We will have many small children in the parade. We do not want any of them injured by a vehicle. Please be alert at all times.
7. Do not allow anyone to throw candy or other objects from your vehicle or float. Our insurance company insists that we enforce this policy. Other parades have had incidents where children ran into the street to fetch the candy and were hit by a vehicle.
8. The parade marching music will be broadcasting on 107.9 FM. You are welcome but not required to use the parade marching music. Simply tune to 107.9 FM. If you are using different music, it must have a Greek theme.
9. Continue all the way down Monroe Street. Do not park your vehicle on the parade route.
Questions should be directed to Tom Christy (email@example.com)